Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I Am Here

A couple of weeks ago, I came upon some stuff that my grandfather used to own. I found jottings on paper, typewritten pages and some journals. I recognized them at once as his personal take on the life that he has lived. A definite blog! Some form of look-back-and-take-stock of what his life has been all about.

Reading them I learned and discovered a lot of things - births, deaths, names and lives of people he'd met, his aspirations, dreams. By his writing I sensed his happiness or felt how proud he was of something. Also his sorrow and sadness even when he did not or could not take it upon himself to write those down.

At first I was trying to get a hint of who his intended reader was. Later I figured he wasn’t really writing it for anybody. I guess that maybe he found something therapeutic about putting down his thoughts in writing.

A couple of days after I read all his stuff, I came upon a book titled “Anna’s Book” by Ruth Rendell/Barbara Vine. It’s a psychological mystery tale revolving around the clues or non-clues contained in the diary / memoirs of a woman’s dead grandmother. It was slow but nevertheless a good read. It got you intrigued just enough to keep the pages turning till the end.

Somehow all these got me to consider writing my own. As to why, well I really don’t know. Therapy? To unload? Share? To be a voice in the wilderness? I think my reason as to why, would change each and every day.

We’ll all have our reasons in doing this blogging thing. In this finite world of ours, we will inevitably realize that we’re all just passing through. No exceptions. And that we all have this desire to make our mark or, leave our mark. Something that would say, “I WAS HERE”. Not for all the world to see, on the contrary, maybe nobody would even see it. But there is something enlivening, life affirming and reassuring in knowing that we have done so.


NEXT... Opposition
Comment Page :

7 comments:

  1. Dear Mr Gable,

    I was probably at the lowest point of my life before i read your blog. Hitting rock bottom was an understatement because it definitely felt like, there's rock bottom.. 5miles of crap.. and then there's me :/ So you can just imagine how terrible life was for me.

    And for some weird, unexplainable reason, i felt a lot better after reading your article " I Am Here." It somehow gave me the push i needed once again, to go through life's difficulties.

    "we're all just passing through..... the desire to leave our mark" That answered a lot of questions for me. So thank you, for sharing your thoughts, for giving us a piece of your mind.

    Thank you for just BEING THERE :p

    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi me :),

    Not really sure what to call you, but thank you for passing by. By the way you write, I think people look at you and say, "if only I could be like him/her".
    So the reality of it would then be like, there's crap, then you, then miles of crap, then all the rest of us.
    So for you, I wish that today be the worst day of your life.
    For if today was your worst, the rest would be like.., wow.

    AG

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had my NBI for local employment and travel abroad, all cleared and just by reading your blog had confidence I am not the only one with real problems in credit cards. Thank you Mr. Argus Gable for ending the worst nightmare in my life, has to continue living and face life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi AG,

    I left the country and I have 2 bdo cc. One amounting to 125k and the other 350k. My partner left me and my child and I was lost and had lifestyle issues. I tried paying it until I couldn't anymore and the bank blocked my CC's. I left the country and move to the EU with my son. My ex wanted to pay for our tickets to visit The Phils. I want to know if I will be refused to leave the country when I go there for a short visit? How will I know if there is already a case filed against me? Can they file estafa given that I left the country?

    My plan is to pay as soon as I get a job here. For now I am still learning the language and I am only less than a year here in the EU.

    Please advise!

    Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria,

      No, you won't be refused to leave the country.
      If you have relatives left behind they might have been notified of something.
      They can file a civil case for collection of sum of money but estafa is unlikely.

      AG

      Delete
  6. Hi Argus,

    Thank you for the quick response, I appreciate it a lot. Take care!

    V

    ReplyDelete
Comment Page :

Hi,
If you are posting as Anonymous, it would help if you include a name or alias which I can refer to when I respond.

Thanks...

AG